FAQ on DADO Broker System®
- Is there a limit to the brokered systems ?
- When handling with distributed databases should I use DADO Broker System® ?
- Brokered updates are handled in a single transaction ?
- Can I use DADO Broker System® in a database replication scenario ?
1. Is there a limit to the brokered systems ?
No, there is no limit to the brokered systems (or contexts). DADO Broker System® can manage an unlimited number of sub-systems, no matter of which type or to which persistency storage (Xml, Binary, Database, etc.). Of course a limitation is given from the underlying server system used to host your application.
2. When handling with distributed databases should I use DADO Broker System® ?
DASO Broker System® can handle homogeneous as well as heterogeneous storage systems, so you can brokerage also two different databases. DADO Database Mapper® also allows to configure an unlimited number of databases, so it depends from your preferences if you want to have a single database configuration or if you want to have two different configurations and DADO Broker System® to handle the merging of them.
3. Brokered updates are handled in a single transaction ?
When executing an update (insert/update/delete) of a unit of work containing objects of different sub-systems, they are handled by a transaction coordinator managing a single transaction for every sub-system and committing them all together. A true two-phase commit to grant the distributed transaction will be implemented in next version of DADO Solution®
4. Can I use DADO Broker System® in a database replication scenario ?
Due to its nature, DADO Broker System® is the best choice when handling with a replication scenario. Usually when you have a database replication scenario you want to execute queries against a local replicated database and updates to a master one. With DADO Database Mapper® you can create a single mapping configuration and then with DADO Broker System® broker the different type operations to two different database instances. This will be completely transparent to your clients.